Thursday, May 1, 2014

when was the last time Ford went into production on a car, that took a risk with design?

the retro T-bird? The Edsel? The 51 F1?


Here are a couple 83 t birds.

and this is the 86 Taurus

here is an 84 Tempo

Nothing risky that I can see... nothing apart from the crowd. Risk, I mean they could have lost a gamble on a departure from the norm.

To give an example, the Isetta. Nothing even close to it anywhere else in BMW cars.
The Plymouth Prowler... no one has made a car that remote from it's line up since the Isetta.
The Chevy SSR is far from the normal car, it's a Roadster Pickup! RPU! No one's made an rpu since the 1920's

Now that I've explained what I mean by RISKY design, perhaps you can see why I don't find anything Ford has made since the 55 Tbird, or the 51 F1 to be even close to a design break out by Ford... but am I wrong? Am I forgetting (highly likely) some car or truck Ford produced that was a RISK in design? 

No comments:

Post a Comment